Joining the School of International Affairs allows you to become part of a small, hands-on program within a great, internationally recognized research university. U.S. News and World Report ranks Penn State the No. 14 national public university, and Penn State is ranked in LinkedIn's list of the top universities based on career outcomes. In addition to its internationally recognized academic programs, Penn State has an endless array of campus groups, student activities, and athletic and cultural events, and built-in networking opportunities thanks to the largest dues-paying alumni association in the world. As part of Penn State, our program offers:
- A wide choice of elective courses from top-ranked programs in engineering, business, science, agricultural, and education, among others;
- Access to fourteen Penn State graduate school disciplines ranking among the top 10 in the nation, with others recognized among the best in the country;
- Access to the Big Ten library system;
- Global corporate recruiters;
- An individualized and supportive program at an internationally visible school; and
- Over 950 clubs and organizations, with broad opportunities to get involved in campus.
Within this resourced campus, the SIA comprises a close-knit program that provides students with the opportunity to connect with faculty not only in the classroom, but in an advising and social capacity as well. Our program offers students a unique opportunity to study in a small program with lots of contact with faculty while also joining a major research university with global visibility.