Join the Penn State School of International Affairs for our Explore SIA day on October 16, 2018!
- Sit in on our International Security: Policies, Challenges and Opportunities course, taught by Professor and SIA Director Scott Gartner, a scholar of international affairs whose research focuses on national and international security, counter-terrorism, cyber security, international conflict mediation, and policy assessment. Professor Gartner and his research have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Wired, USA Today, Newsweek, and The Atlantic and on The History Network, MSNBC, NPR, and ABC.
- Meet the staff behind our incredible Career Services Office, which works tirelessly to connect students with internship, employment, and networking opportunities, and maintains a strong career success rate for our graduates.
- Learn more about our flexible and interdisciplinary Master of International Affairs degree, which offers ten optional concentrations, the option to create your own concentration, and the ability to take courses from across Penn State's world-renowned graduate disciplines.
- Join our professors for faculty breakout sessions to learn more about their expertise as former diplomats, military leaders, intelligence analysts, and leading scholars and how our curriculum can prepare you for careers in private industry, international relations and diplomacy, government agencies and think tanks, non-profits and NGOs, and more.
- Tour our home in the state-of-the-art Lewis Katz Building, which was designed with students in mind and features classroom technology that allows you to record lectures and have guest lecturers videoconfrence in from all across the globe.
2:00 p.m. — Welcome & Admissions Presentation
2:30-3:45 p.m. — “International Security: Policies, Challenges and Opportunities” with Professor and SIA Director Scott Gartner
3:45-4:15 p.m. — SIA Student Panel
4:15-5:00 p.m. — Faculty Breakout Sessions
5:00-5:30 p.m. — Networking Session (includes hors d'oeuvres)